Jamshedpur: In what has come as a major achievement and a pleasant news for Yuva members, the esteemed US-based international organization the Global Greengrants Fund, on the recommendation of the Earth Island Institute, has decided to give Yuva Jamshedpur a substantial grant.
In a communication to Yuva, Teresa Odendahl, CEO, Global Greengrants and Peter Kostishack, director of programs, have said that this grant is for the charitable activities of Youth Unity for Voluntary Action. Continue reading
Name of the project: Jharkhand Tribal Development Programme
Funding agency: Jharkhand Tribal Development Society, Ranchi, WFP and IFAD
Duration: 15 Dec 2006 to June 2011 (ongoing)
Name of district: Potka Block of East Singhbhum
- To empower tribal grass root association, including women and other marginal groups. So that they would be self dependent to plan, implement and manage their own development.
- Promote generation of sustainable increase in production by increasing productivity of land and water resources.
- Development and implementation of a replicable model that assures food security and improves livelihood opportunities.
- To improve the quality of life of the tribal population.
- Generation of alternative sources of income for all, specially the landless laborers.