- Yuva Jamshedpur celebrates World Book Day
- Yuva Jamshedpur celebrates National Youth Day and Foundation Day
- Yuva organizes health camp at Dhengam in Potka for Sabars
- IFAD team visits 3 villages to inspect project implementation
- Campaign ‘Open Bank Account’ launched in Tangersai, Potka
- YUVA trains women mates of Hesalbill panchayat
- Rojgar Diwas organized in Jamda
- Two jobs started in Rohinibeda village in Sohda panchayat
- Yuva takes Sabar children on a fun trip
- Yuva celebrates Women’s Day in Seraikella
- Yuva Jamshedpur organizes blood donation camp on its foundation day
- Yuva organizes Planning-2015 Workshop in Potka
- Yuva Jamshedpur organizes Freedom Quiz
- Yuva and L&T plant 80 saplings in schools
- Yuva organizes district level workshop against child marriage
- Yuva to organize workshop against ‘child marriage’ on June 10
- Yuva Jamshedpur organizes blood donation camp
- Yuva saves four minor girls from child marriage
- Yuva to organize blood donation camp on April 19
- DRDA organizes district level seminar in Jamshedpur
- Yuva organizes quiz on Foundation Day, offers tributes to Vivekanand
- Workshop on MNREGA in Dhirol village, Potka
- Workshop on MNREGA held in Narda village in Potka
- Yuva organizes workshop to discuss IPPE
- Yuva Jamshedpur organizes Quiz and Slogan competitions on violence against women
- Yuva launches campaign to counter violence against women
- Goatery training for Sabar community in Dhengam
- Jharkhand minister Champai Soren inaugurates six Birsa Udyamita Bhavans at Potka
- Yuva takes Sabar children on a trip to zoo
- 8 students of TISS complete rural practimum in YUVA
83Jimmy on Wife delivers stillborn baby a… Odisha Panchayat Ele… on IFAD team visits 3 villages to… akshay goswami on Yuva Jamshedpur organizes bloo… sujeet kumar on Yuva Jamshedpur organizes bloo… Sudhamoy Gope on Workshop on MNREGA in Dhirol v… Arvind on Rural Development Secretary vi… IIMDROPOUT on IIM, Indore student lauds Yuva… Saurav Demta on IIM, Indore student lauds Yuva… Akash S. on IIM, Indore student lauds Yuva… Amarendra Sahoo on IIM, Indore student lauds Yuva…
Tag Archives: Deep Joshi
Jamshedpur: An IFAD (International Fund For Agricultural Development) team led by Mr. Deep Joshi, a recipient of Magsasay Award 2009, took stock of the development initiatives taken by Yuva in the villages of Potka under Jharkhand Tribal Development Programme. The director of Jharkhand Tribal Development Society, Mr. Prakash Oraon, was also a part of the visiting team.
The Magsaysay Award winner and eminent social worker Mr. Deep Joshi and a review mission team visited Yuva Project Area.
Along with him, a team of officials visited two of the Yuva project villages for monitoring development activities being carried out under the Jharkhand Tribal Development Programme.
Mr. Deep Joshi co-founder of PRADAN and winner of 2009 Magsaysay Award for community leadership was also a member of the monitoring team. Mr. Suraj Patnaik, Mrs. Anita Pal and Mr. Prakash Oran Director J.T.D.S. too accompanied him.
The team visited Porahatu and Chakri villages. In both villages the locals welcomed the team with great enthusiasm and respect.
At Porahatu, the village animator Sripati Sardar addressed the Gram Sabha, while other villagers participating in the programme explained to the team the situation of the village before and after launch of J.T.D.P.
The villagers also gave information about the ongoing projects and the training they received as a part of this programme. The local self-help group leaders spoke about their savings and investment.
The monitoring team asked the villagers several questions to assess their understanding of the work that has been done. Finally, the team went and monitored three finished structures in the village and a smoke less chulla as well.
The second visit was at Chakri village, where the local animator Mr. Bharath Sardar addressed the Gram Sabha while the villagers participated in the programme with keen interest. They also explained why the project was such a success in their village.
The monitoring team also asked the villagers questions about budget allocations and funds received and spent by the village. The team shared information and ideas on collective planning for the village so that the benefit of development activities could reach every house.
The meeting was concluded with a small play staged in the local language and Mr. Prakash Oran promising the village folk better employment opportunities and development in the coming years.