Name of the project: Jharkhand Tribal Development Programme
- Funding agency: Jharkhand Tribal Development Society, Ranchi, WFP and IFAD
- Duration: 15 Dec 2006 to June 2011 (ongoing)
- Total Amount:11,oo,ooo/-
- Name of district: Potka Block of East Singhbhum
- Major objectives :
- To empower tribal grass root association, including women and other marginal groups. So that they would be self dependent to plan, implement and manage their own development.
- Promote generation of sustainable increase in production by increasing productivity of land and water resources.
- Development and implementation of a replicable model that assures food security and improves livelihood opportunities.
- To improve the quality of life of the tribal population.
- Generation of alternative sources of income for all, specially the landless laborers.