Name of the project: Enrolment and retention of at risk/out of and dropped out children in mainstream education
- Funding agency: Reach India & Nav Bharat Jagriti Kendra ,Hajaribag
- Duration: May 2005 to October 2007
- Total Amount:18,85,000/-
- Name of district: Potka Block of East Singhbhum
- Major objectives: i)Ensuring education to 1716 targeted children in two year in potka block
- mainstreaming of 1414 vulnerable children enrolled in BBN to formal school.
- Improved retention of 1716 vulnerable children enrolled in formal school.
- Providing quality education to 1716 enrolled vulnerable children in 33 bridge course centre.
- Major Outcome:
- Bridge schools named Birsa Bal Niketan successfully run at 33 places of Potka block.
- Created awareness about education among the rural masses of Potka.
- Brought 1945 out-of-school children to bridge schools.
- To spark a desire to get educated among working children and to provide them education as per their requirements and convenience.
- Education Committees have been formed at all 33 bridge school centers.